This time of the year some of us focus on things like Spring Cleaning, but being a hairdresser of more than 25 years, I like to focus on Summer Time Hair! Great hair is admired by everyone, we all want it and we all try to learn what the secrets are for maintaining it. Here’s some tips I recommend for your summer time season:
• Buy terrific products. Leave the ones that contain sulfates, surfactant, detergents and other harsh chemicals on the shelf and opt for something really healthy. I recommend my Bio Gen Complex Shampoo and Conditioner. This line is infused with biotin, collagen, Vitamin B 12 and B6, and many additional rich ingredients. This is an item that I’ll never scrimp on.
• With all the additional time at the swimming pool and beach it’s only natural that we wash our hair more. So, take extra good care of wet hair by using a wide tooth comb and working from the ends to the roots when combing.
• Leave your hair ties off when going in the water or when sleeping. Typically your hair can tend to get a bit messy when sleeping and going in the water which can create a situation where you are having to pull and break hair to get the tie out. Let’s leave those pretty ties for dry hair that you are wearing.
• Try styling tools that have infrared technology. This technology provides a wave length of light that allows the tools to steam the hair instead of applying direct heat. I recommend tools from my Tools by Gina line.
• Don’t over blow dry and make sure the dryer isn’t so close to your hair that it’s damaging it.
• Use a clarifying shampoo weekly to remove residue. This especially helps in the summer when you’re in chlorine and using sunscreen products.
• Deep condition to keep the shine and beauty that you love to have.
I wish you all the best hair summer ever!