Wondering what to look for in a clarifying treatment? Here’s my Tip of the Week.
– Stay away from dyes or fragrances that can be irritating to the scalp.
– Sulfates are often something people stay away from because they can increase dryness to the scalp and hair. However, for a clarifying shampoo, sulfates are used to effectively strip out oil and residue. Just note this is not something that you would want to do daily.
– Clarifying shampoos that have apple cider vinegar as an ingredient can be very useful as they also have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
– A good old fashioned baking soda paste made of baking soda and water work terrific for clarifying if you don’t have a professional clarifying shampoo.
– Always talk to your stylist prior to starting any routine to ensure you are doing the best thing for your hair.