With holiday activities quickly approaching combined with winter weather, it’s easy to neglect our hair. Here’s my tips for keeping your hair healthy.
1.Use a good professional shampoo such as the by-Gina Bio Gen Complex. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals that hair often lacks such as biotin, collagen, vitamin B12, B5, and B7. These are all ingredients that are necessary for healthy hair. Shampooing also promotes a healthy scalp that produces strong hair follicles.
2. Condition! Condition! Condition! – First, determine if a light or heavy conditioner is most fitting. Some textures of hair tend to get weighed down and greasy looking if the conditioner is too heavy. Again, I recommend my by-Gina Biogen Complex Conditioner its loaded with vitamins and minerals, yet it’s light and effective.
3. Use a clarifying shampoo periodically to remove product build up. I like to mix equal parts baking soda and water. After shampooing, apply the mixture to the hair and use a wide tooth comb to distribute. Leave on 3 to 5 minutes then follow with a second Shampoo then Condition the hair.
4. Less is more when it comes to products. This is a big one. Start off with a small amount of product. I recommend a dime size for finer thinner hair and a nickle size for longer coarser hair. Next, emulsify the finishing products so that they are evenly distributed. Use hair spray 8 -10 inches away from the hair.
5. Professional styling tools should be the only styling tools. –Conventional styling tools use direct heat on the hair pulling moisture out which results in a dry brittle and damaged look. I recommend my by-Gina infrared smart technology styling tools. Infrared is smart technology that heats the hair safely from the inside. The result is that moisture remains in the hair. The tourmaline ceramic also locks in the moisture resulting in smooth, shiny, and healthy locks. The best part is that your curls will last from 2 to 3 days depending on your hair type. Additionally, the infrared blow dryer reduces the drying time further contributing to hair health.
6. Professional Color should be the selection of choice. Salon Professionals go to school and apply the science they learn when coloring a client’s hair. Without this experience, it’s hard to count on good results.