Spring is here with proms, spring break, weddings and graduation. It’s hard to remain focused on ourselves during this time of year because we find ourselves very busy providing services to clients. So here’s a few tips to ensure you are giving yourself the care you need:
– Avoid eating fast food on the run and plan to take a lunch or at least keep some good nutritious healthy snacks available.
– Make sure to remain hydrated and keep a water bottle handy.
– Take a minute to gently stretch in between clients.
– Opt to go for a walk on your lunch break. It’s great exercise and the fresh air does wonders for contributing to a positive attitude.
– Post a small daily reminder to keep an eye on your posture. Good posture can help build core strength and combat against the aches and pains of standing for long periods of time in the salon.
– Reach out to colleagues who may want to engage in fitness activities with you.
– ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING A FITNESS ROUTINE! Once you get the green light – it’s a go!
– Take a bubble bath at night, read a good book…allow for some down time.