Face shapes are so important when selecting hairstyles. Here’s my Tip of the Week for identifying your face shape:
– Begin by taking measurements: Forehead width and height, cheekbone to cheekbone, jawline at the widest point, and length of face
– Round Face: Cheekbones and face length have a similar measurement which are larger than jawline. All edges of face are soft in appearance.
– Square Face: Measurements are fairly equal however the jaw angle is pronounced.
– Oblong Face: The length of the face is long however, the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline have similar measurements.
– Diamond Face: The face length is the largest measurement, and the chin can be pointed or more pronounced. The next largest measurements in order are the cheekbones, forehead, and jawline.
– Triangular Face: This face is known for a pronounce jawline combined with smaller cheekbones and shorter forehead.
– Oval Face: The width of the cheekbones is less than the length of the face. This is combined with a forehead that is larger than the jawline. The angles of the face are softer and not as pronounced as some of the other shapes.
Colour Your Life…XOXO, Gina