Now is the time of year that kids are back at school and we find ourselves rushing around in the morning. It’s easy to get out of bed and find our little ones with tangled hair. Here’s some tips for getting out those nasty tangles:
– Gently brush the hair with a wide-toothed comb. Never start with a narrow-toothed comb or a brush. The narrow teeth can pull and the brush can cause breakage if not careful.
– Start removing tangles from the end of the hair by brushing from the ends up towards the scalp.
– Brush the hair in smaller sections rather than large pieces.
– As pieces of hair are combed out of the tangle, move them away so that you have better access to the piece of knotted hair.
– Continue to repeat this until the tangle is gone.
– If possible, follow this method of combing from ends to scalp three to four times per day.
– As a preventative measure, always use a wet line with a good conditioner (I recommend Pure BioGen Complex) and comb through when bathing with a wide tooth wet comb.